Wednesday 4 December 2013



Pete Walker Continued

Watched another Pete Walker movie tonight.
It was the turn of The Flesh and Blood Show from 1972.

Thoughts?
I really enjoyed it - another winner from this UK horror master.

What did I like?
The familiarity  of the cast - even if you don't know their names, you recognize their faces from various British TV shows / movies of the 60s / 70s. There were some uncomfortable moments (not sure if they were intentional) and I must admit I didn't quite have all the answers by the time of the unveiling of the killer(s) Not that I gave the plot a whole lot of thought, mind you!

Would I purchase it on DVD?
If it was a decent transfer with some good extras and on sale....yes.

Was Jenny Hanley a sex icon for all hetero teenage boys in the early 70s?
I am sure she was.

Did I prefer it to Pete Walker's Frightmare?
Don't be silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment